Description: Serves as the Clinical Manager responsible for supervising the activities of the home/health/hospice agency. Monitors quality, service and utilization standards. Supervises the day-to-day clinical operational activities. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Manages the day-to-day clinical operations of the agency, including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement.
- Supervises agency and employee safety programs and risk management.
- Responsible for overall supervision of hospice and home health nurses and aides, includes interviewing, hiring, monitoring assignments and evaluating personnel.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development.
- Acts as resource to staff as clinical expert.
- Ensures individualized care goals are met.
- Ensures the highest quality of care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures.
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the agency level.
- Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models of other agencies.
- Participates in program management, including licensing, budgeting, utilization and quality assessment/improvement activities.
- Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care, and cost effective utilization of services.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Works with health care providers outside of the agency to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum.
- Coordinates with appropriate team members or contract services for the clinical care hospice and home health patients and families.
- Reviews all visits made by contract services for adherence to hospice and home health policies.
- Ensures patients receive quality care by reviewing documentation, making visits with staff, reviewing care plans, conducting/participating in multidisciplinary team conferences, and reviewing patient satisfaction reports. Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding patient care.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum of five (5) years nursing experience, two (2) of which are in the last five (5) years as a Registered Nurse in a HH/H agency, primary care clinic, or health facility.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Current valid California Driver's license required.
- Demonstrated supervisory or lead experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care delivery processes, staffing, and budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission and other federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of federal, state and accreditation standards applicable to Home Health/Hospice required.
- Knowledge of governmental and other regulator standards, requirements, and guidelines related to quality improvement.
- Strong working knowledge of ongoing monitoring techniques (including criteria development and statistical analysis); care delivery in home care; total quality management principles, tools and techniques.
- Effective communication, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- PHN certificate preferred.
- HH/H experiencepreferred.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or health care related field preferred.
Job Number: 634431