Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, located in south Minneapolis, is the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities and is recognized as an ANCC Magnet-designated hospital. It is known around the region and across the U.S. for its centers of excellence: cancer care through the Virginia Piper Cancer Institute; cardiovascular services in partnership with the Minneapolis Heart Institute; the Spine Institute; Neuroscience Institute; Orthopaedic Institute; perinatology, obstetrics and gynecology through WomenCare; physical rehabilitation through Courage Kenny Rehabilitation InstituteTM; and more. With 5,697 employees, 1,397 physicians and 633 beds, Abbott Northwestern Hospital cares for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and direct day-to-day mental health specialty clinic operations related to nursing and other areas as delegated
- Complete projects related to Mental Health care and operational initiatives as needed and determined by Mental Health leadership team/strategic plan
- Understand relationship of nursing and the overall goals of the clinic and department; utilize data and various reports in conjunction with site leadership team to work toward shared goals
- Ensure appropriate staffing patterns for optimum patient flow and service
- Reportstaffing or clinical issues to clinic manager or provider and participate in resolution as appropriate
- Assist in the identification, development and implementation of policies and procedures to improve quality of care, clinic operations, customer service, communication and collaboration among health team members
- Administer and educate staff about Allina and Mental Health Clinical Service Line and hospital policies
- Develop and supervise collaborative work, including appropriate selection and assessment of staff competencies and annual performance reviews, training needs, coaching and support
- Provide orientation to new employees and foster a superior work environment and the development of patient loyalty
- Mediate disputes and work to resolve conflicts and provider issues in a timely manner
- Participate in the development and implementation of community health initiatives, public outreach and education. Identify, develop and implement clinical care guidelines with physician site leadership
- Clarify and communicate patient requests, concerns and/or complaints to appropriate providers and staff, participating in problem resolution and facilitate service recovery
- Investigation and follow-up with Risk Management when necessary
- BSN degreepreferred.
- Business or management training a plus but not required
- Previous Clinical RNexperience
- Previous Mental Health experiencepreferred
- 3-5 years previous supervisory experience in a patient care related field with increasing levels of management/leadership responsibility