This position isresponsible for contributing to increasedsales growth, penetration and improved profitability in key accounts. This position is a clinically consultative role with Baxter Medication Delivery customers, existing and potential. They are adept at developing new relationships with key clinical buying influences as well as, protecting existing relationships with accounts considered to be atrisk.Through the introduction and implementation of Baxter’s products and value added services and solutions; this individual strengthens Baxter’s relationship with the customer. Focusing on improving medication delivery efficiency and clinical safety, the Clinical Services Consultant provides expertise in infusion pumptechnology with medication error reduction systems; cost reduction/labor efficient methodologies, creative approaches to improving clinical process and safety outcomes for the caregiver and patient.The Clinical Services Consultant is alsoresponsible for; training both Baxter representatives and customers on emerging trends, new innovations and critical success factors in medication delivery and patient safety. The CSCwill work with Baxtersales representatives and customers during product evaluations, implementations and post conversiontroubleshooting.In addition, the position contributes to the creation, development and implementation of new value added products and services that help differentiate Baxter from the competition.Essential duties/responsibilities:
- Effectively execute clinical project tasks and Connections Portfolio programs to key Baxter customers.
- Build or deepen customer relationships at the management and administrative levels of the targeted healthcare facility and or healthcare system utilizing a consulting approach. Key areas of focus will be; safe medication delivery; clinical operational discipline emphasizing cost reduction and labor efficiency, enhancement of clinical process and practice, and caregiver/patient safety.
- Assist in the creation and development of future solutions-based services and programs in order to sustain industry leadership in the area of cost containment, medication management processes and clinical training.
- Develop relevant metrics that demonstrate achievement of operational and clinical goals, and show effectiveness of the programs from the perspective of the customer and the industry.
- Maintain the integrity of the value of Connections Portfolio through the disciplined collection of required data to assure a robust national database.
- Maintains expert knowledge of Baxter’s integrated solutions programs and the supporting administrative tasks associated with tracking savings, operational/clinical outcomes and sales. Assures quality and integrity in processes, which are the cornerstones to the programs. Develop and present customer presentations that differentiate Baxter Medication from the competition.
- Actively support Medication Delivery sales team in achieving yearly sales and profit plan goals for the targeted accounts through clinical consultative selling at the both the regional and IDN level.
Actively support product training and implementation for new and existing MD customers through defined implementation processes, access to eLearning, onsite training and consistent follow-up to ensure adoption of new technology.
- In servicing and troubleshooting on all Medication Delivery products
- Project management for product implementations. Sigma Pumps: Assist customer with MDL development, development of clinical training plan.
- Business acumen and strong financial aptitude.
- Strong clinical background with in-depth knowledge of I.V. therapy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Professional presence and rapport with customers, and all business unit personnel within Baxter.
- Ability to work independently with time management proficiency.
- Team orientation with effective leadership abilities.
- Collaborate with Sales Team, Marketing, and Clinical Teammates.
- Effective clinical selling and negotiating skills.
- Strong process orientation.
- Computer competency Microsoft Office - (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Requires a BS degree (Nursing/Business) with 5 + years clinical experience. 2 - 5years experience in Cost Management, Product Standardization, and Clinical Resource Management, product education and implementation
- Active RN license