Description: Plans, organizes, directs, evaluates & coordinates inpatient-nursing srvs w/in a srv line. Collaborates w/KFHP/H & the Medical Group staff in the development & execution of strategic plans, providing quality care, & managing cost-effective srvs which are aligned w/fed, state, & local regulations. Responsible for achieving the strategic vision for nursing in their assigned areas of accountability. Responsible for the quality of nursing care & srvs to patients in their assigned areas of responsibility. Accountable for the following areas dependent upon medical center beds & srvs offered: Adult Srvs: Med Surg, Dialysis, Clinical Dietician, Critical Care, TCU, RT, ED if applicable. Maternal Child Health: Labor&Delivery, Pediatrics, PICU, NICU, Maternity, & Normal Newborns (may be combined w/Perioperative). Perioperative: OR, PACU, Central Sterile, Ambulatory Surgery Centers (may be combined w/MCH).Maintains key Relationships w/Clinical & Administrative Dir peers, Chiefs of Srv, other Dept Dirs reporting to Asst Admins for clinical & operations, Reg-l PCS, AMGAs, community peers.
- Collaborates w/CNO & other medical center Mgmt in identifying & implementing innovative models & best practices w/an emphasis on quality of care, srv improvements & cost reduction.
- W/TPMG partner, directs development & implementation of quality & utilization standards across the continuum of care to ensure coordinated plans of treatment, patient focused delivery of srvs & cost effective utilization of necessary srvs. Builds trust w/ the nursing team through visibility.
- Coordinates w/TPMG to provide for the seamless transition of patients across the continuum of care. Establishes partnerships w/facility leadership groups. In collaboration w/medical staff & facility leadership ensures a superior care experience & a safe environment w/patients & staff. Ensures policies, practices, & procedures comply w/administrative, legal & regulatory requirements of the Health Plancontract & governmental & accrediting agencies.
- Provides clinical & professional oversight for areas of accountability.
- Assures successful implementation of organizational strategies such as Hospital Efficiency, Work Place Safety, Supply Cost Initiative including OR Back-log, Patient satisfaction.
- Through the hiring, retention, & development of internal staff in areas of accountability, achieves staffing ratios & optimal patient outcomes w/minimal dependence on premium pay (overtime & registry/traveler staff).
- Mentors nursing Mrgs in development of leadership skills, fiscally accountable staffing/scheduling practices, professional development of staff, & outcomes based practice.
- Oversees the development of Dept standards as identified by regulatory agencies including policies & procedures.
- Develops srvs that achieve a high level of customer satisfaction w/emphasis on customer srv, highest standards of quality & innovation.
- Maintains a state of continuous regulatory readiness.
- Manages & resolves human resource, labor relations, employee & Dept safety & risk Mgmt issues.
- Enhances nursing practice & patient outcomes through the effective use of clinical practice & GRASP committees.
- Participates in developing the hospital's plan for the recruitment & retention of nursing resources to ensure that a sufficient number of qualified staff members are available to meet the needs of the patients.
- Utilizes research data to implement clinical changes & the delivery of patient care & member srvs.
- Accesses KP Health Connect to evaluate the quality of care provided. Uses KP Health Connect to manage clinical operations.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum eight (8) years of nursing experience in patient care.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experiencerequired.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in health care related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
Job Number: 617822