Clinical Services - ASC Endoscopy
Less than 5 years experience • Health & Beauty
SENIOR DIRECTOR, CLINICAL SERVICES
Responsible for Clinical Services activities in approximately14 to 20 ASCs. Serves as a key member of the Quality Team and assumes leadership for planning and executing Quality plans in each center which promote patient safety; compliance with applicable CMS and State regulations and accreditation standards; and exceptional customer service.
- Implements corporate and clinical services policies and procedures at the center level
- Maintains current knowledge of federal and state regulations and standards of accrediting organizations (AAAHC and Joint Commission) pertaining to ambulatory surgery centers. Supports assigned ASC’s in maintaining survey readiness.
- Monitors, audits and evaluates compliance with federal and State regulations, and the quality of the clinical services provided at assigned ASCs by conducting on-site assessments and developing and monitoring action plans to address areas for improvement
- Responsible for all clinical aspects of assigned ASC’s performance
- Addresses physician partner concerns and problems related to clinical services. Actively work to maintain and improve relationships with physician partners.
- Supports implementation of Quality initiatives. Monitors center QAPI plan implementation.
- Monitors quality data and patient satisfaction data for each of assigned centers to identify areas for improvement and assist in development of improvement strategies
- Supports implementation of CMS Quality reporting
- Understands the partners, the practices and the markets in sufficient depth to bring value to partners by participating in the centers’ business planning processes as it relates to Clinical Services
- Communicates often, meets in person outside Board meetings, query satisfaction levels and work closely with all partners (not just board members) exchanging ideas and planning for the future.
- Educate partners regarding regulatory and accreditation standards to support continual survey readiness
- Be viewed by the partners as a business asset and resource (not only for the ASC but practice and other ventures).
- Supports analysis of supply, drug, and variable expense cost
- Assists in preparation of Quality report for Center Board meetings
- Supports educational needs of Center Leader and clinical staff
- Actively participates in company-wide educational efforts, including Leadership Conference, new Center Leader training, and webinars
- Participates in development and deployment of Best Practices
- Maintains ongoing communication with assigned Operations lead VP regarding clinical, quality and risk management activities, corporate initiatives, trends, problems, issues, surveys, letters of deficiency and plans of correction, and sentinel events
- Submit Weekly Report to Operations lead VP and VP Clinical Services
- Maintains professional knowledge base and applicable certifications
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Demonstrated ability to bring exceptional business acumen as well as creativity to the operations and management of healthcare facilities
- Demonstrated ability to function as a strong member of a highly motivated and integrated management team
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a successful operating infrastructure in a service oriented setting that sustains a company through growth
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a positive and energetic culture within the organization
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and ambulatory surgery center experiencerequired and designation as a licensed RN with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in perioperative nursing is required. GI Endoscopy, Ophthalmology, or Multi-Specialty ASC experiencepreferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and percentages.
Ability to understand, read, write and speak English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors and the general public.
Demonstrates an ability to consider alternatives and implement appropriate strategies. Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and correct errors. Ability to understand and interpret basic financial data. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Exceptional computer skills. Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner. Must be able to work well with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
CORPORATE CORE VALUES
Puzzle Solving-Turning challenges into opportunities in a collaborative, agile and creative way
Excellence-On a never-ending quest to improve and exceed expectations
Ownership-Taking responsibility for our actions, relationships and partners’ success
Positive Environment-Respectful, caring, trusting and supportive of the team
Leadership-Leading by example, staying true to our values and dreams
Ethics-Committing to always doing the right thing guided by integrity and transparency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.