Orlando Health is a not-for-profit health care organization, a community-based network of hospitals and care centers in the Orlando region and home to one of the largest tertiary facilities and Central Florida's only Level One Trauma Center, designated as a "Trauma Program of Excellence”. As a family of specialty and community hospitals, each has its own character, a natural extension of the specialized services offered. It is our mission that unifies us – to offer superior service and provide quality healthcare to the people of Central Florida. Our hospital system includes Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women, UF Health Cancer Center Orlando, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital, South Seminole Hospital, Health Central, Lakeland Regional, and Orlando Regional Medical Center; Teaching Hospital and Central Florida’s only Level One Trauma Center.
Orlando Regional Medical Center, a part of Orlando Health, is seeking a Clinical Scientist of Microbiology and Molecular Diagnostics to join their team! The Clinical Scientist is responsible for the technical operation of the specialty laboratory area and acts as an expert consultant for the medical staff.
- Involves building/supporting stewardship program with pharmacy, pathologist group, infection prevention team, and physician groups.
- Provide consultation for physicians and other allied health groups involved in Microbiology testing and Molecular testing
- Development and updating of testing menus for patient care
- Provide Education for Allied Health groups and physicians
- Participate in Quality Management and Process Improvement committees
The qualified applicants will meet the following requirements:
- PhD degree in Clinical Laboratory Science.