The Alimera Sciences Clinical Account Specialist develops business relationships with Retina practices (including Retina Specialists, Nurses, Technicians and Practice Administrators), in their assigned territories, to drive the awareness and sales of ILUVIEN® across the target hospitals/clinics and among the Ophthalmologist/Retinal Specialist target groups (and any other defined target groups) within the Territory. The Clinical Sales Specialist develop's brand awareness within the defined target groups and wider healthcare community within territory.
He/She facilitates and develops relationships with the medical/scientific community including KOLs, physicians and medical centers, by communicating scientific and medical on-label information and promotional messages to all relevant staff and institutions.A career at Alimera Sciences is more than just a job. Our desire to succeed as a company is matched only by our commitment to each other. We treat all employees with respect, loyalty, and offer an opportunity to accomplish individual goals, corporate goals and make a difference in our community at large.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding territory sales targets
- Present product in a professional, compliant, ethical and effective manner that enables Retina customers to understand the features and benefits in a fair and balanced presentation.
- Effectively utilize Alimera Sciences sales and data resources to maximize territory productivity.
- Develops realistic yet robust territory business plans
- Monitors operating costs and compliance with territory budget
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Alimera Sciences activities
- Business travel by air or car is regularly required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 + years working with office or outpatient administered injectable/infused drugs
- Experience selling in a buy/bill Medicare part B medical benefit environment
- Capacity to execute company marketing plan with assigned targets
- Strong communication skills and the ability to clearly explain complex clinical data.
- Excellent account management skills: ability to accurately diagnose reimbursement and patient access issues and then utilize functional team partners (Managed Care Account Manager, Reimbursement Specialist, Case Manager etc.) to solve access issues.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to drive a car and possess a valid and current driver’s license
- Computer and software skills
- Ability to travel up to 50 % (depending on territory geography)