Clinical Sales/Education Specialist
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. is seeking a Clinical Education Specialist to be based in either Orlando or Tampa, FL area for its Cardiac Intervention (CI) and Critical Care division. Prefer experience in cardiac and electrophysiology.
Assists with defining and developing product training materials and programs to educate and orient sales representatives, global distributors, marketing managers, new company employees and corporate investors on the clinical use of Merit's product lines, product features and benefits, sales strategy development, customer buying preferences and other clinical subjects such as anatomy and physiology.
This position requires 50% or more travel, with possibility of up to 80%. May include short notice. Prefer candidates who have cardiac experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Educates Merit's global sales force (domestic and international) and various employees on Merit's products and their applications in the field through classes, field training and sales meetings.
- Trains and updates Merit's worldwide dealers as new products are launched.
- Presents Merit product information at new hire orientation classes.
- Conducts assessment testing to ascertain the skill level and capability of those individuals being trained, and develop training curriculums and programs to improve knowledge, skill, and capabilities.
- Defines protocol and assists in the field assessment of new product market research trials (MRT's).
- Assists with developing and implementing ongoing e-learning training courses to improve and maintain a high level of product and clinical expertise in the field sales and clinical organization.
- Conducts ongoing staff training and provide clinical feedback to resolve customer related issues.
- Answers clinical questions from doctors, technicians, sales representatives, etc.
- Supports sales and marketing efforts by in-servicing key customers on Merit products.
- Works in the field as need requires to support and train clinicians on the use of Merit products and to trouble shoot product related issues in the field.
- Defines, coordinate and execute "Think" programs in all business units.
- Performs other duties and tasks as required.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Education and/or business experience equivalent to a related Bachelor's Degree.
* A minimum of five years of hands-on medical experience, with three of those years of clinical training experience.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to analyze feedback in a training environment to develop strategies to improve knowledge, skills, and abilities.
* A thorough understanding of training and development techniques, and the ability to implement a corporate sales training program.
* Good analytical skills and the ability to understand complex issues.
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to coordinate large programs.
* Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
* Education and/or clinical experience equivalent to a Nurse or, Certified Technician.
* Product training
* Sales training manual writing and preparation
* Skill assessment testing
* Training curriculum/program development
* Product trouble shooting
* Interpersonal communication skills
* Presentation skills