Description: Job Summary:
To coordinate and monitor care of patients in the assigned clinical area.Essential Responsibilities:
- Administers all oral and injecting medications in the assigned clinical area.
- Ensures narcotics and drug supplies are available in the assigned clinical area and assures the proper security of all narcotics and controlled substances according to KP standards and applicable regulatory laws.
- Initiates and monitors IV therapy to therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
- Provides ongoing assurance of functional emergency equipment and adequate emergency drug supplies.
- Responds to emergency situations throughout medical facility.
- Documents emergency situation to supervisor.
- Coordinates, implements, and evaluates patient teaching plans for areas of diabetes mellitus, hypertension, anticoagulant therapy, therapeutic diet instruction, weight control, and other areas as designated.
- Sets-up, performs, and/or assists with procedures as appropriate.
- Coordinates recovery care of patients post sedation.
- Ensures safety measures are instituted for all compromised patients receiving care.
- Triages walk-in patients as needed or assigned.
- Manages the workflow of the delivery system such as assisting team members on identifying the best methods for care system.
- Acts as a resource person to LPNs and Clinic Assistants.
- Acts as patient advocate and resolves problem within HCT.
- Brings unresolved issues to Clinical Coordinators attention if unresolved within the team.
- Partner with physician to assist with coordination of care through message management.
- Provide phone triage, care advice, schedule appointments as needed, assists with patient requests.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Minimum one (1) year of current experience HMO or ambulatory setting OR completion of an Ambulatory Care RN Transition to Practice Residency Program within the past 12 months is required.
- Experience in IV Therapy is required.
License, Certification, Registration
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post hire.
- Registered Nurse License (Virginia) within 6 months of hire AND Registered Nurse License (Maryland) within 6 months of hire
- Compact License: Registered Nurse within 6 months of hire
- Registered Nurse License (District of Columbia) within 6 months of hire
Preferred Qualifications:Primary Location:
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
Maryland,Bowie,Bowie Fairwood Medical Center 5400 Hillmeade Rd. Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start:
08:30 AM Working Hours End:
05:00 PM Job Schedule:
Call-in/On-Call Job Type:
Standard Employee Status:
Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
M38|UFCW|Local 400 Job Level:
Individual Contributor Department:
Bowie MOB - Allergy - 1808 Pay Range:
$52.4 - $58.71 / hour The ranges posted above reflect the location in the job posting. The salary range may vary if you reside in a different location or state than the location posted. Travel:
Yes, 75 % of the Time At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity are inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health care, a more supportive partner in our communities we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest