JOB TITLE: Clinical Resource Director
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for working with the Division Supply Chain Team to implement the strategic direction of Supply Cost Management within a facility. This position is responsible for reviewing and optimizing the current GPO contract portfolio, developing and executing product standardization with a facility in conjunction with the Division Supply Chain Team. This position is responsible for building strategic alliances with Hospital Executive staff with emphasis on the COO, CNO and Clinical Department Directors at it relates to successfully executing the Supply Chain Operations Plan.
SUPERVISOR: Division Clinical Resource Director
DUTIES (included but not limited to):
- Develops and implements strategies and processes for reducing supply expense/adjusted admission.
- Develops and implements product standardization and utilization.
- Monitors utilization and cost data and identifies waste.
- Develops and facilitates clinical product committees to reduce the number of SKUs by standardization, increase product quality, evaluate processes and introduce new products.
- Actively interacts with the clinicians performing the departmental tasks to identify improvement opportunities and develop/implement continuous quality improvement process regarding supply/labor practices and recommends cost reductions.
- Actively participates and communicates with Medical Staff and clinical staff to monitor, communicate, and make improvements to utilization profiling.
- Actively participates, communicates and educates all affected departments, physicians, and medical management personnel regarding product and procedure changes.
- Maintains and communicates financial and performance measurements as gauge of standardization/utilization success.
- Collaborate with physicians in identifying and implementing improvements and standardization.
- Measures and continuously verifies process improvements and cost savings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement."
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheet and word-processing applications.
- Functional working knowledge of clinical and surgical supply and SKU maintenance processes.
- Demonstrated quality improvement implementation skills with regard to clinical processes and SKU management.
- Ability to communicate with physicians and other clinical healthcare
- Understanding of utilization and productivity in a variety of clinical settings.
EDUCATION: An undergraduate degree required and Master’s degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Nursing or healthcare experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in this job description.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: RN preferred. At least 5-years clinical management level experience may substitute for a RN license.