In this role, you have the opportunity to
We are seeking a collaborative Clinical Research Scientist to support our research activities in one of our clinical sites in Phoenix, Arizona. This position gives you a unique opportunity to conduct research in a clinical setting that will have impact on patient outcomes.
You are responsible for
- Interact with clinical partners and research teams to implement and validate algorithms for clinical applications
- Facilitate data acquisition and quality assurance through the use of Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Govern research agreement process, ensure compliance, monitor project progress and value extraction
- Research, design, development and evaluation of first-of-kind clinical service solutions
- Creating project plan, and collaborating with a team of research scientists to develop prototype solutions for healthcare KPI and Performance QI Analysis.
- Interacting with clinical customers to understand their problems, share insights and best practices, and validate prototypes of solutions to assess their value in patient care.
- Partnering with Philips business groups to deliver innovations in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Helping to build and lead collaborative relationships with external partners, scientific community, and governmental resources.
You are a part of
Philips Research is at the forefront of healthcare research. Existing now for 100 years, Philips Research has been one of the world's premier research labs and now has more than 1000 research scientists and engineers around the world. Our agenda includes discovering fundamental principles and developing scientific and engineering innovations to enhance health and well-being. Philips is a pioneer and leader in the healthcare industry.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- PhD in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or a related field
- General knowledge of healthcare and healthcare informatics
- Familiarity with medical devices and systems
- Experience with clinical study design, and data collection
- Experience in computer programming (Python is a plus)
- Experience with databases, data extraction, quality assurance
- Experience with EMR, clinical trials, clinical workflow
- Skills in project management
- Knowledge in the regulatory field and compliance rules is an advantage
- Ability to publish papers and present in scientific conferences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
In return, we offer you
An opportunity to work with one of the strongest research labs in the world and deliver solutions will have a direct impact on patient care. You will be part of flexible team of highly skilled professionals that are able to find a great work-life balance; just think the solutions you develop will give a better balance to the healthcare professionals and patients they are treating.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.