Clinical Research Nurse Manager III- Internal Medicine, Hematology Oncology
5 - 7 years experience • Healthcare IT
Clinical Research Nurse Manager III, (NCORP Research Base) - Internal Medicine, Hematology Oncology
Job Summary: The Clinical Research Nurse Manager III is responsible for the operations of the NCORP Research Base at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. This includes management of research budgets, daily operations, grant administration, nursing care and assessment for patients enrolled in research studies, patient care, coordination with principle investigators for individual studies, maintaining complete and comprehensive records for the research operation, and other organizational tasks.
Education / Experience: Master's degree in nursing, health administration, public health science, basic science or clinical investigation and five years clinical research management experience. Previous experience with oversight of clinical cancer research including protocol development, regulatory processes, budget and contracting negotiations, and data management preferred.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration: RN licensure in NC. BLS certification.
1. Serves as the central point of contact for the interdisciplinary team related to the day-to-day management of a large, complex and specialized clinical research operation. Position is responsible for collaborating and coordinating research activities with investigators between research centers and external practice sites.
2. Assists principal investigators in the development and completion of all required progress reports from federal agencies and oversees the daily grant administration process. Assists principal investigators with grant submissions for new or renewing grants.
3. Ensures compliance, and adherence to federal regulations, policies, and Clinical Trial Office operating procedures in the development and implementation of clinical protocols for administration. Also, ensures that research site personnel and investigators are conducting the study according to the protocols and Good Clinical Practice guidelines.
4. Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, recommending new hires, assessing performance, recommending salary changes, progressive discipline, and retention of research staff. Coaches and develops staff. Provides on-going job related education and training of staff. May develop training materials.
5. Develops and implements research budgets and coordinate all expenditures and invoices for study-related therapeutics and diagnostics between coordinating centers, vendors and external research sites.
6. Responsible for promoting or marketing research programs to the practice, community and referring physicians.
7. Develops research accountability standards, metrics, and reports and identifies areas for improvement. Collaborates with site research leader (SRL) and research staff in the implementation of action plans designed to improve practice research operations and quality assurance functions.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
Ability to direct the work of others
Familiarity with institutional and governmental regulations and guidelines related to clinical research practice and oversight, trial participant protection, IRB oversight
Demonstrated knowledge of scientific and statistical principles
Excellent recordkeeping and documentation skills
Excellent communication skills including ability to relate well with a variety of people and to sustain an attitude of respect for all individuals
Commitment to team problem solving approach using a research and patient-focused model
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and prioritize
Skilled in Medical terminology, word processing experience, good grammar and vocabulary skills
Organizational skills both to function independently and as a member of the professional team
Ability to read, understand and follow written and oral instructions and written and oral communication skills that enable effective relationships with patients, physicians and employees
Judgment skills as reflected in the making of appropriate decisions with consistency
Ability to accept responsibility and to use personal initiative to complete tasks without direct supervision
Demonstrated ability to work accurately, to give attention to detail and to ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately
Indoor office environment
May be exposed to infectious and contagious disease
May be exposed to body fluids
May be exposed to radiation hazards
Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals
May have contact with study patients under wide variety of circumstances
Subject to many interruptions
Subject to irregular hours
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Job ID: 24044