The Clinical Research Manager will be working closely with other leaders in both their department as well as leaders across the organization to oversee safe and compliant conduct of research studies. Therapeutic areas of research include, but are not limited to, cystic fibrosis, pediatric and adult endocrinology, pediatric ophthalmology, and in-patient research. We are seeking an energetic individual knowledgeable in research regulations and good clinical practices, with excellent communication and networking skills. The selected individual will also be overseeing direct reports that include Research RNs, Clinical Research Coordinators and Research Assistants. Must have research experience with leadership or management skills.
- Develops, implements, and maintains system-wide procedures for clinical research in collaboration with principal investigators.
- Oversees work of Clinical Research staff ensuring timely and accurate completion of duties.
- Provides leadership in the development, implementation, and maintenance of a clinical research training, education and orientation program.
- Serves as a clinical resource for institutional leadership and investigators related to the ethical conduct of human subjects clinical research.
- Ensures the availability of trained research personnel essential in meeting staffing and other resource needs.
- Directs internal audits and leads response to site visits from external organizations.
- Develops and manages departmental budget.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or 4 years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience: 5 years of relevant experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: None