Experience and Education
Master's degree in science, social science, business, or health-related (including nursing) field and four (4) years related experience to include management experience.
Bachelor's degree in science, social science, business, or health-related (including nursing) field and six (6) years related experience to include management experience.
- Reviews proposed new research studies and determines projects to implement; negotiates budget and contract issues; initiates regulatory activities; oversees preparation of necessary project summaries, consent forms, etc. for IRB; oversees compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Oversees on-going research studies and quality assurance measures, developing criteria where necessary; negotiates favorable agreements with laboratories and collaborators on campus; monitors profitability of research studies; renegotiates contracts, supplements, etc. as needed.
- Directs financial oversight and management of clinical research unit; ensures invoicing is accurate and sponsor payments are received; ensures appropriateness of expenditures from various funding sources available to clinical research unit.
- Participates in selection process of clinical research unit staff; provides training to research, financial, laboratory, and administrative staff; evaluates staff performance and implements measures necessary to maintain quality performance and results; participates in training, development and/or disciplinary measures; assesses policies and procedures to ensure optimal operation of clinical research unit.
- Identifies potential sponsors for clinical research unit; develops and oversees marketing strategies.
- Initiates and maintains collaborative relationships between clinical research unit and basic science facilities.
- Designs, executes, and maintains effective system of internal controls which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and financial information is reliable.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
Job Number: 338380