Covance is seeking an Oncology Clinical Research Manager for to be remotely based in the U.S.A!
This is a unique opportunity where you will work within an embedded, Functional Service Provider model with a large name in the industry.
As a Clinical Research Manager, you will:
- Provide oversight of contractworkers (CRAs, CTC) and works closely with external vendors, site investigators.
- Have a significant impact on the ability to effectively conduct clinical studies and develop the pipeline, while maintaining local regulatory and compliance requirements in countries.
- Make decisions independently and oversee important activities relevant to clinical research activities in the country according to predetermined global policies and commitments with the support, oversight and supervision of the Country Research Director.
- Need a strong understanding of clinical trial planning, management and metrics is essential as well as the ability to focus on multiple deliverables and protocols simultaneously.
- Need strong leadership skills (scientific and business) and ability to coordinate and lead local teams to high performance.
- Work collaboratively with Country and Regional Operations; Pharmacovigilance, Regulatory, Global Medical Affairs and Global Human Health internally; and with external functional outsourcing vendors. Will work to build and maintain relationships with investigators and other external partners and promote Client's reputation.
- Be accountable for performance and compliance for assigned protocols in a country in compliance with ICH/GCP and country regulations, Client policies and procedures, quality standards and adverse eventreporting requirements internally and externally.
- Be the POC for assigned protocols between ROC and CO. Pro-actively drives/tracks execution and performance of deliverables/timelines/results to meet country commitments for assigned protocols.
- Be responsible for quality and compliance in assigned protocols in country and oversee CRAs and CTCs.
- Be responsible for collaboration with functional outsourcing vendors, investigators, other external partners.
- Collaborate internally with local PV, Regulatory, GMA/GHH to align on key decisions in countries.
What our employees have to say:
"The opportunities to grow are one of the top things I like about Covance. Covance really allows you to find a place to be happy. The flexibility of opportunities with Covance is just wonderful."
"One of the things that attracted me to Covance was its longstanding reputation as an industry leader. I consistently hear from sites that Covance is one of their preferred CROs to work with, which speaks volumes about the company's reputation.”
Come join the Covance team, where you can help impact the lives of millions!
- Masters in Science (or comparable)
- Advanced degree (MD, PhD) possible but not required.
- Oncology Theraputic experience is required
- Project Management (CRO/Pharma) required
- 8-10 years of experience for a MS/MBA/JD;
- 3-6 years for an MD-PhD
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge in Site Management
- Strong organizational skills
Job Number 2017-13753