Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for post award invoicing including patient care costs billing of industry sponsored clinical trials, reviewing trends in revenue and expenses and forecasting financial impacts pertaining to clinical research activities.
- Responsibilities include reviewing contract budgets, study calendars and posting expenses to clinical trials. Provide accurate and timely financial status reports to the study teams, PIs and business managers.
- Resolve account balance discrepancies between sponsors and COH departments.
- Designs, develops, and implements management reports that provide concise and accurate financial status assessments at various levels of detail. Responsible for identifying key performance indicators of clinical trial financial functions, performing variance analyses and generating monthly performance reports. Routinely provide monthly, quarterly and yearly summary reports to the study teams, PIs, business offices and Senior Leadership
- Interacts, establishes cooperative working relationships, and communicates effectively with co-workers and personnel in other departments, particularly Medical Center Clinical Departments, Clinical Trials Support Services, Clinical Trial Office, and Patient Financial Services.
- Actively participate in enterprise-wide system improvement initiatives and represent business area in large-scale IT implementations such as EPIC and OnCore
- Assist with ongoing review of internal processes to streamline or create new more efficient processes; assist in executing process changes and assist with overseeing to completion.
- Analyze and document clinical research business processes in order to develop strong electronic workflow and corresponding system procedural documentation.
- Assist with interpretation of policies and procedures, both sponsor and Institutional, as they relate to compliance with laws, Medicare Coverage Analysis, National Coverage Decision, statutes and regulations dealing with clinical trial billing issues. Assist in creating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures in the various areas of post award financial administration of clinical research.
- Monitor financial activities on all clinical trials (internally funded, industry and non-industry funded trails) on an ongoing basis and reconcile balances at the end of a trial by working with departmental business managers and Post Award Office to ensure timely financial closure.
- Maintains professional growth and development and keeps abreast of latest trends in area of financial management and compliance related to clinical trials
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Basic Research/Clinical Research environment within a healthcare or academic organization.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Master’s degree and/or CPA License highly desired.
- Experience at a non-profit and/or higher education medical center is preferred.
- Experience with EPIC EHR system and OnCore CRMS
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).