RTI International’s Quality Measurement and Health Policy (QMaHP) Program has an opening for a mid-level researcher to provide clinical input pertaining to the development of quality measures for post-acute care. QMaHP develops and supports the implementation of national health care performance measures and data collection vehicles aligned across the health care continuum. Our research has direct application to a wide range of health care policy issues facing the United States and other countries.
- Provide clinical expertise and serve as subject matter expert in the development and implementation of quality measures across the continuum of care
- Provide written technical assistance to health care providers with regard to quality reporting programs
- Contribute substantively to developing and presenting training materials and clinical scenarios related to quality measures and collection of patient assessment data
- Prepare technical reports and contribute to client deliverables
- Establish leadership role in terms of client interface, project communications, and reporting
- Oversee the maintenance and adherence to standard operating procedures, including documentation
- Masters degree and a minimum of 3 years experience.
- Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist, or Physical Therapist. Additional advanced degree in Public Health, Health Policy, Health Services Research, or related area preferred.
- Research experience in quality policy and quality measurement design and implementation or conceptually related health services research or Nursing, particularly in the development and implementation of quality measures addressing process and outcome measures, such as pressure ulcers, physical functioning, falls, drug regimen review
- Clinical experience and understanding of the processes of care across the health care continuum, particularly for one of the following settings: Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs), Nursing Homes (NHs), Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (IRFs), Long-Term Care Hospitals (LTCHs), acute care hospitals, or Home Health Agencies (HHAs)
- Must have familiarity with health policy, preferably Medicare
- Experience with patient assessments a plus
- Strong oral and written communication
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States