Mathematica seeks a clinical quality informatics professional to apply their clinical knowledge, applied informatics expertise and quality measurement experience to lead the development, testing, and implementation of interoperable quality improvement solutions, including quality measures and analytics. This individual should have experience working in a clinical healthcare setting with expertise in applied clinical informatics and quality improvement.
- Serve as a clinical informatics subject matter expert in the areas of clinical quality measurement, digital measures (eCQMs, EHR-enabled measures) and standards pertaining to eCQMs and clinical decision support
- Lead clinical quality measure and analytics specification leveraging health IT standards and standard terminologies and ontologies
- Collaborate with current and potential customers to understand their work processes and needs; translate customer needs into detailed customer product requirements for the development team
- Collaborate with informatics, research, programming, development, and customer support team members to develop and deliver measurement and analytics products
- Perform feasibility assessments to determine solution alignment with measurement or clinical intent, technical viability and client needs
- Lead and perform informatics validation and QA processes for measurement and analytics products; provide critical review of quality measure and analytics specifications
- Develop and assist in the delivery of customer documentation and training
- Provide health interoperability standards consultation and training
- Synthesize and critically review information across multiple sources to make a decision, while working with other team members
- Effectively delegate, as appropriate, to junior staff
- Provide quality assurance reviews with constructive feedback on work products delegated to junior staff
- Master’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience; or doctoral degree with 2+ years of relevant experience; or bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Clinical experience (doctor, nurse, pharmacist, etc.), or operational experience in healthcare organizations in quality, safety, care management, EHR optimization, or analytics roles required; experience developing or implementing eCQMs preferred
- Experience with configuration and optimization of EHR, LIS, AIMS, and/or related clinical information systems preferred
- Demonstrated domain expertise in two or more areas, including eCQM implementation, clinical decision support, clinical analytics, quality improvement, EHR optimization, relevant informatics standards (i.e. QDM, CQL, FHIR, QRDA, FHIR experience preferred), experience mapping local terms/concepts to standardized code systems
- Previous experience in eCQM implementation, clinical decision support, or analytics development and implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; experience leading multi-stakeholder design or business development meetings, experience giving presentations to panels and large groups
- Experience collaborating with and building consensus with diverse teams; ability to communicate with individuals of varying technical aptitudes and professional backgrounds
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail; flexibility to lead and manage multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadlines; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and learn complex new concepts quickly.