Description: Manages the design planning, development, evaluation and/or delivery of psycho-therapeutic services/programs for Psychiatry and/or Addition Medicine patients. In addition, these positions function as program managers in one or more of the following roles: Intensive Outpatient Services, Dual Diagnosis, Case or Outcomes Management; Emergency Psych Services; program planning/development/evaluation at two or more sites -OR- program management for a specifically defined patient population(s) at multiple-site clinics each having two or more staff clinicians -OR- for multiple clinics at a single large (12+ clinical staff) site.
- Manages the delivery and/or program planning/evaluation of timely, cost-effective and high quality services/programs for assigned site(s).
- Assures continuity of care and appropriate utilization of resources both within and outside of Behavioral Health Care.
- Assists physicians in short and long-range planning of psychotherapeutic/psychiatric social work programs/services that meet identified needs of members and purchasers.
- Manages psychotherapeutic programs for Addition Medicine and/or psychiatric patients that add value and are integrated with Behavioral Health Care service priorities and performance standards, as well as strategic organizational goals/objectives.
- Integrates and coordinates psychiatry and addiction medicine programs with other in-and out-patient departments, as well as with community resources.
- Achieves a continuum of care within Behavioral Health Care; maintains liaison with other Psychiatry and Addition Medicine departments, as well as with non-Behavioral Health Care departments.
- Develops systems and methodologies for continuous improvement of group and/or individual treatment modalities.
- Evaluates effectiveness of programs and services.
- Reviews/evaluates group therapy designs.
- Establishes group and testing treatment protocols.
- May manage programs for specifically defined patient populations such as patients with life threatening illnesses, dual diagnoses, depression and obsessive-compulsive disorders, trauma related disorders, eating disorders, child psychopathology, and abnormal behavior and personality patterns.
- Conducts on-going program evaluation of individual and/or group modalities and, in concert with the Chief(s) of Service.
- Develops/maintains systems and processes for outcomes management/improvement and for identifying the need for revised and/or new clinical treatment programs, designs, protocols.
- Ensures that the professional practice standards for group and/or individual therapeutic modalities and psychodiagnostic testing are maintained by clinicians.
- As appropriate, evaluates the professional clinical practice of staff and may provide professional staff with regular/appropriate training, direction and consultation.
- May develop and implement policies, procedures and systems to ensure customer/ member/patient/purchaser satisfaction and member access.
- In concert with other personnel and physicians, responds to and resolves service, access and provider concerns/issues.
- Develops and maintains departmental policies and procedures to meet Behavioral Health Care and organizational operational, business and strategic goals/objectives.
- Conducts performance evaluation of professional staff.
- Hires, trains/orients, coaches, disciplines or terminates professional staff.
- In concert with the Chief, maximizes and manages physical, fiscal and human resources.
- Manages/reduces associated costs.
- Evaluates/improves utilization and productivity of staff.
- Less than 50% of working time, may provide direct psychotherapeutic services to individual patients and/or patient groups.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience as a staff clinician in a mental health setting.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in managing/supervising the development, delivery and evaluation of clinical mental health programs, including outcomes measurement, evaluation and management; clinical/applied research designs and statistical analyses.
- Master's degree in a field/discipline related to mental health such as clinical psychology, counseling, behavioral science, psychiatric/chemical dependency clinical nursing specialty, or social work.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current and proof of valid State of California license (LCSW, LMFT, and Clinical Psychologist).
Job Number: 642343