Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsible for assuring compliance with mandated clinical interventions inclusive of core measures within the medical center. Interfaces directly with MSMC Departments, Administrators, Nursing, Medical and Quality Leadership, and Clinical Staff, overseeing administrative and daily operations of the core measures and clinical intervention compliance program.
- Oversees clinical operations within the program, using data and fact-based problem solving techniques to improve processes and outcomes. Ensures that all clinical initiatives run according to institutional and departmental policies and in accordance with any government or regulatory requirements as applicable.
- Recruits, orients, trains, coaches, counsels, mentors, disciplines, and evaluates staff in accordance with all internal policies and procedures. Communicates values, strategies, and objectives of department or division on a regular basis. Assigns and delegates tasks and responsibilities, and plans, monitors and appraises job performance.
- Develops, maintains and reconciles departmental budget with financial responsibility and oversight for department or division.
- Plans, develops, and/or maintains departmental standard operating procedures. Regularly reviews policies and procedures and makes changes, or recommends changes to superiors as necessary.
- In conjunction with Nursing, Medical and Quality Leadership, coordinates educational and performance improvement activities within a designated clinical specialty.
- Develops and designs of action plans to support clinical performance and competency and provides support and educational resources to departments and services relative to nursing care delivery within the context quality assessment and improvement processes.
- Establishes and implements short and long term goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures for high level of performance in nursing care delivery.
- Coordinates and leads in the execution of day to day educational program activities, as appropriate to program objectives and areas of clinical expertise.
- Oversees the collection, compilation, and analysis of clinical program activity data to evaluate clinical performance and competence.
- Provides technical assistance, resource services, consultation and education to clinical specialty service relative to orientation, ongoing assessment of competency and performance improvement activities.
- Serves as a clinical role model and resource to the nursing staff.
- Prepares reports and analysis associated with orientation of new hires, ongoing competency and evaluation of staff performance and identification of related outcome measures.
- Provides timely status reports of results of assignments including identification of patterns and trends that require actions.
- Collaborates with other members of the health care team in the development, implementation, and ongoing review of policies, procedures, and standards of care for designated patient populations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospital, departmental and care center standards, policies, procedures and guidelines as well as regulatory agency standards. Assures readiness for Joint Commission and other agency surveys and presents related programs durin
- Participates in daily activities that reflect budgetary constraints and incorporates financial principles into program development and allocation of resources.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Participates in the performance appraisal process of designated Nursing staff.
New York State Nursing License with current registration as a registered professional nurse.
Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing is required.
Master's in Nursing or health related field is required
Certification in specialty area preferred.
Progressive managerial and clinical job related experience specific to area of responsibility.
5 years directly related experience (some supervisory preferred)
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
- We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.