Interacts directly with provider services value analysis team members, nurse managers, respiratory therapists, wound-care managers, OR managers , ER managers , and other decisions makers to provide MediChoice and Private label products to ultimately influence purchasing decisions at the account. Focuses on increasing the sales and margin of all private label products (e.g., MediChoice,). Develops and executes account strategies with strong focus on profitability and clinical acceptance. Works under minimal supervision on complex, large to medium accounts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- 1. Reviews Manages the day to day clinical relationships with customers to drive positive results.
- 2. Manages the day to day clinical relationships with customers to drive positive results.
- 3. Conduct Clinical Trials and Evaluations
- 4. Provide Leadership and Execute MediChoice Strategy at VAT, RUG, QBR, & MBR meetings
- 5. Assume role as MediChoice subject matter expert doing customer sales calls
- 6. Attend relevanthealthcare conferences to increase MediChoice brandequity
- 7. Provide MediChoice internal support for all Area Sales meetings
- 8. Work with category management, pricing, marketing and national accounts to support MediChoice growth
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- 1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCEREQUIRED:
- 1. Broad knowledge of a discipline such as finance, sales & marketing, business administration, or distributionpreferred. Equal to a complete 4year college or university education or equivalent work experience.
- 2. Up to seven (7) years of experience in healthcare product sales
- 3. Minimum two (2) years of direct supervisory experience leading and managing high performing teams of professionals, required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to create successful sales strategies for Owens & Minor products
- Advanced selling techniques, including strategic selling, team selling, and clinical selling
- Ability to deliver effective presentations to internal and external customers
- Excellent project management, organizational and planning skills
- Grasp of financial concepts to include cost justification
- Ability to work in a highly autonomous role
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS & WORK AIDS
- 1. General office equipment to include PC.
- 2. MS Office Suite
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS
- 1. Inside working conditions.
- 2. Travel: 80%
- 3. There are no environmental hazards identified for this job.
- 1. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- 2. Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- 3. Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- 4. Visual Acuity: Closely viewing in order to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.