The Clinical Product Manager drives product development that brings meaningful value to Sound’s clinical service lines. This individual is the key stakeholder for brio®, Sound Physicians proprietary charge capture and workflow application. The Clinical Product Manager is responsible for the vision and road-map of clinical products, including but not limited to brio, as well as the prioritized backlog of capabilities and features for these products. The Product Manager is informed by the direction and recommendations of the CTRL team, Chief Medical Officers and other stakeholders and is responsible for communicating clearly and concisely with all stakeholders, super users and both clinical and business end users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for enlisting, documenting and prioritizing new product capabilities and functionality for products that drive key clinical workflows
- Develop partnerships with users and stakeholders to define and manage product requirements and releaseschedules
- Act as the clinical Value Stream Owner in the Scaled Agile Framework development process, orchestrating the delivery of new features and products to end-users
- Customer oriented; develop relationships with anticipate and address the needs of all end-user groups effectively
- Ability to present to peers and senior management with clarity and brevity
- Ability to accomplish work through others; oversee the business analysis effort to support documentation and specifications to enable the SDLC
- Actively collaborate with the Value Stream Prioritization Group, a team of core Sound Leadership responsible for approving budget allocation to business value streams
- Co-Chair the CTRL Team, the physician advisory council responsible for designing Sound technology products and systems that are driven by patient care and clinical team needs
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of hospital medicine industry, hospitalist workflow, and Sound’s value proposition
- Alignment with Sound’s mission, vision and core values
- Experience managing the entire product cycle from beginning to end, preferably in an Agile software development team
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is required.
Preferred: Master’s degree in relevant field is preferred.
Minimum: Five years experience in relevant field.
Preferred: Eight to Ten years experience in relevant field.
LIST SPECIAL JOB OR ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: List any exposure to outside weather conditions, extensive travel, high noise levels, handling of hazardous materials, etc.
- Indoor office environment
- Travel (select one):
Frequent (12>18 trips per year)
OTHER PHYSICAL AND/OR SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS ABOUT YOUR JOB: List physical requirements such as lifting, sitting for long periods of time, climbing stairs, etc.
- Sitting at desk for up to eight hours (w/breaks)
- Working on computer for up to eight hours (w/breaks)
- Moving/lifting file boxes (up to 25 lbs.)
This job description reflects the present requirements of the position. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to amendment.
Healthcare Operations Intermediate Critical Thinking Skills Advanced Self-Motivated Advanced
Innovative:Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Thought Provoking:Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Enthusiastic:Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Goal Completion:Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Growth Opportunities:Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
Bachelor's Degree or better.