Description: Supervises and mentors staff in Clinical Pharmacy Services. Develops, coordinates and implements clinical pharmacy services necessary to monitor and assess drug therapy. Develops, coordinates, implements and assesses quality outcome programs with respect to clinical pharmacy services.
- Sets goals, objectives and accountabilities for assistant clinical pharmacy supervisors, clinical pharmacy coordinators, clinical pharmacy specialists, clinical pharmacists, and pharmacy technicians in Clinical Pharmacy Services consistent with department and division objectives.
- Directs, coaches and mentors assistant clinical pharmacy supervisors, clinical pharmacy coordinators, clinical pharmacy specialists, clinical pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
- Supports and implements utilization management initiatives as assigned.
- Develops and delivers initiative and care outcome presentations to area or regional provider and pharmacy audiences.
- Assesses clinical outcomes and the value of pharmacy services.
- Communicates department and organizational goals. Provides feedback and follow-up.
- Promotes loyalty and high morale.
- Supervises and coordinates clinical pharmacy services in various areas such as specialties, primary care, drug education,transitional care, and anticoagulation. Evaluates drug utilization appropriateness and develops drug education plans and strategies to promote cost effective prescribing.
- Collaborates with physician partners as well as other medical and health plan departments to develop, implement, assess and assure quality and process outcome measures.
- Provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care (i.e clinical practice) to members enrolled in Clinical Pharmacy Services and organizes the workflow of the service.
- Creates a climate of professional development, creativity, innovation, and high productivity.
- Evaluates staff; provides feedback on areas of excellence/improvement.
- Interviews, selects, orients, and instructs, evaluates and disciplines staff.
- Supervises and manages staff scheduling, problem solving and conflict resolution. Monitors vacation, time-off, sick leave, and wage & salary reports.
- Coordinates and participates in school of pharmacy activities. Develops and participates in scholarly activities.
- Responsible for creating a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity.
- Responsible for ensuring ongoing compliance for area(s) of assigned responsibility.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of policies and procedures and performs in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements and accreditation standards as they relate to the assigned department.
- Assures compliance to all regulatory rules and regulations specific to: Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). State Board of Pharmacy. HIPAA.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Responsible for achieving the financial objectives of clinical drug initiatives established for the health plan.
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical pharmacy practical experiencerequired.
- Graduated from an accredited college or school of pharmacy required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed in the State of Maryland, Virginia, and / or District of Columbia as a Registered Pharmacist required.
Job Number: 653535