Description: Develops, implements, and evaluates clinical pharmacy programs for patients, providers, and pharmacists. Maintains a clinical pharmacy practice to impact patients at risk for drug-related problems in area of expertise. Educates providers, pharmacists and other health care professionals. Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Maintains knowledge of and assures departmental compliance with Kaiser Permanente's Principles of Responsibility and policies and procedures, and applicable regulatory requirements and accreditation standards
- Develops and maintains a clinical pharmacy practice that includes: Drug therapy consultations for members and healthcare providers; Participation in drug use initiatives and strategies to promote achieving targeted disease state goals and cost-effective prescribing; Provides continuing education and staff development in-services for pharmacists, physicians, and other health care providers; Provides drug information to health care providers and members; Critically reviews medical literature to provide updates on drug therapy; Documents all clinical interventions and drug information requests using appropriate providers; Demonstrated continued competency in specialty areas of pharmacy practice
- Participates in local, regional and interregional committees as appropriate
- Precepts pharmacy students and residents
- Develops and participates in research activities.
- Completion of one (1) year residency related to practice area, or three years of clinical practice experiencerequired.
- Doctor of pharmacy degree (PharmD) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Pharmacy licensure in Maryland required upon hire, with licenses in the District of Columbia and Virginia required within 120 days of hire.
- Board certification required (BCPS) within three years of employment
- At least one (1) year of experience in a hospital-based setting preferred.
Job Number: 633331