Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 15 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
United Hospital, located in downtown St. Paul, Minn., is the largest hospital in the Twin Cities east metro area, providing innovative services and programs, such as the Nasseff Heart Center, United Heart; Vascular Clinic and Vascular Center; neuroscience care through the John Nasseff Neuroscience Institute for the treatment of brain aneurisms, Bentson Family Foundation Neurological Intensive Care Unit, Brain Tumor Center and the Nasseff Neuroscience Center; as well as psychiatry, womens health, surgical, rehabilitation and emergency services. With 2,949 employees, more than 1,000 physicians and 546 licensed beds, United Hospital provides a full range of health care services to 200,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
- Manages and leads clinical pharmacy services in multiple (inpatient, outpatient, and procedural) areas of the hospital
- This work includes developing, implementing, and monitoring programs and pharmacist professional practice to optimize medication use throughout United Hospital
- Focus areas include the following:
- programs that support quality and safety initiatives
- identification of cost reduction initiatives
- Implementation of evidence practice that focus on reduced LOS and readmission
- demonstrating value of pharmacy services
- This position interacts daily with physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals to accomplish this work
- This position manages 50% of the pharmacist staff (recruitment, performance management, scheduling, etc.)
- This position is critical to the successful achievement of hospital care and financial goals (CORE measures; safety initiatives; financial management of medication formulary. etc.)
- This position also interacts with pharmacy leaders throughout Allina Health on a frequent basis and will serve as the Allina Pharmacy representative on selected system-wide clinical interdisciplinary committee
- Pharm D., PGY (1) Residency required
- MS and/or PGY (2) in administrative pharmacy preferred
- 5 years hospital pharmacy experience