The clinical pharmacy manager provides clinical and technical support and guidance to pharmacy department and hospital team members through active participation as pharmacy representation on appropriate hospital committees and quality, clinical, and technology initiatives. Takes point on clinical education for pharmacy department and other hospital clinical staff as requested. Collects, analyzes, and reports pertinent pharmacy data to Director of Pharmacy, appropriate committees, and other hospital employees as requested. Compounds and dispenses individual medication orders and unit dose for administration in the hospital. Furnishes information concerning medications to authorized personnel and departments. Carries out Pharmacy policies and procedures in accordance with established Hospital policies, State and Federal laws and regulations. Assists in the education of Hospital staff and patients as appropriate.
This position is located at Ridgecrest Regional Hospital in Ridgecrest, CA.
1. PharmD preferred
2. Pharmacy Residency PGY1, BCPS, Informatics Residency or equivalent experience preferred
3. Previous Hospital Clinical Pharmacy experience required
4. Currently or able to become a licensed pharmacist in the state of California within 6 months required.
5. Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team environment as well as ability to work and make sound decisions independently
6. Time and project management skills- ability to prioritize and manage both individuals and projects/programs
7. Excellent communication and teaching skills- formal and informal presentations to small and large groups of healthcare professionals
8. Demonstrated Technical competency in Microsoft Windows; specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Pharmacy specific utilization of current medication administration and clinical documentation software
9. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Pharmacy and medication use processes
10. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of federal, state, and accreditation regulations and requirements for Hospital Pharmacy Practice
11. Experience with information systems applicable to the medication use process including but not limited to electronic medical records, smart pump technologies and databases, automated dispensing cabinets, and/or medication carousels