Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator - Investigational Drug Service (MRH)
Job Description Serves as a mentor to Pharmacy Residents, students and clinical staff.
1. Prioritizes multiple tasks and projects to ensure timely completion. Delegates and assigns work commensurate with knowledge, skill and experience, and ensures the work is performed appropriately.
2. Collaborates with multidisciplinary teams to assist with problem identification and resolution, cost containment issues, implementation of new services, and systems/performance measures including attending committee meetings.
3. Responsible for formulary management for protocol development, policies, procedures, medication evaluation and the standardization of medical care for the department.
4. Serves as a resource to staff regarding departmental/area policies, procedures and services.
5. Designs, evaluate and implements drug therapy protocals and medication use evaluation studies. Provides compreshensive Pharmaceutical services to patients and clinical staff. Serve as mentor for RX students and residents.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: Doctor of Pharmacy from an accredited school of pharmacy. Residency trained or Board certified in an applicable field
Licensure: Florida Board of Pharmacy registered Pharmacist license.
Work Experience: Minimum of 3 years Clinical Specialist experience or equivalent experience in investigational drug services. Two years of chemotherapy admixture experience. Completion of a residency program or research fellowship program in research required.