$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
The clinical pharmacy advisor supports a new and innovative member centric clinical care program for Aetna Medicaid, the Pharmacy Medication Management Program. The Pharmacy Medication Management Program (PMMP) integrates clinical pharmacists with the local Medicaid health plan clinical care team to improve medication utilization and member outcomes. The PMMP clinical pharmacist is responsible for leading pharmacy-based clinical initiatives and supporting the work of clinical care teams serving high risk Medicaid members. The PMMP clinical pharmacist will be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of Pharmacy Medication Management Programs as well as independently administering clinical pharmacy initiatives.
Seeking Pharmacists in the following areas:
SAN DIEGO, CA
FT LAUDERDALE ,FL
Schedule is standard business hours Monday-Friday.
• Collaborate with health plan associates (including pharmacy director, care managers, medical directors, provider relations, quality management, and others as necessary) to identify high priority member and provider populations in order toperform clinical pharmacy interventions and improve member outcomes
• Review and evaluate pharmacy and medical claims data with plan associates to identify members and prescribers requiring clinical pharmacy interventions
• Assist in the development of member and provider facing tools, resources, and educational outreach material
• Perform targeted Academic Detailing interventions with external providers to encourage the appropriate prescribing of medications
• Serve as the health plan PMMP brand ambassador to drive engagement and utilization of the available programs
• Independently complete accurate and comprehensive medication reviews and perform the corresponding member, care manager, and provider outreach as necessary
• Serve as the medication expert for health plan clinical care activities
In-depth knowledge and experience in managed care / managed pharmacy / competitive environment.
3 years clinical pharmacy experience or equivalent is required.
Understanding HEDIS and other quality programs and processes is preferred
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
Local travel is required
Current unrestricted Pharmacist state license required active and unrestricted.
Pharmacy - Registered Pharmacist
Potential Telework Position:
Percent of Travel Required:
10 - 25%
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Valid Through: 2019-10-17