Identifies drug therapy strategies that improve patient outcomes and reduce costs.
Utilizes assessment skills in the management of medically complex elderly to monitor responses to drug therapy.
Provides information to patients, either directly as a consultation or in preparation of patient teaching aides or computer-generated warning or supplemental information.
Conducts drug utilization reviews to assure the quality of drug use. Determines if criteria for drug use is met in patient cases being reviewed.
Educates health care professionals and patients in the safe and effective use of medication. This education may be informal (e.g. patient care rounds), as a staff development education program, or as part of the hospital’s interdisciplinary education program.
Support and assist interdepartmental projects as requested (e.g. MUE, P&T monographs, newsletter articles, performance improvement activities, etc.).
Provides drug information to prescribers and other health care professionals. Contributes articles to the hospital and/or pharmacy newsletters. Assures that pertinent drug information is maintained in the pharmacy.
Develops criteria and makes recommendations to the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee on the appropriate use of medications and/or inclusion in the hospital formulary.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND LICENSURE:
- Pharm.D. or B.S. Pharmacy with equivalent relevant experiencerequired.
- Current licensure (or eligible to reciprocate) in the State of Pennsylvania required.
- ASHP-Accredited Pharmacy Practice Residency or equivalent experiencepreferred.
- Equivalent of three years experience as hospital pharmacist
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
PREFERRED JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience as a clinical pharmacist.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification..
Bachelors of Science: Pharmacy (Required)