OptumCare Network of Utah is a network of local doctors, hospitals and specialists to help patients make well-informed decisions about their healthcare. The Clinical Pharmacy Team provides a variety of clinical services impacting Medical Management and CMS Star Rating quality programs. The Clinical Pharmacist will be involved in initiatives to improve medication reconciliation post-discharge, medication adherence, and various retrospective drug utilization reviews for network providers per business needs.
The team comprises of clinical pharmacists and certified pharmacy technicians that complete various functions to successfully meet the operational requirements of each clinical service. The work hours required will be during normal business hours, Monday through Friday.
This role will bre working with an interdisciplinary team comprising of pharmacy technicians, social workers, and registered nurses to complete medication reconciliations and improving transitions of care for our skilled nursing and acute discharge population. The clinical pharmacist will document the care delivered and communicate essential information to the member and primary care providers as required.
- Utilize prescription and medical claim data to generate clinical recommendations according to Medication Therapy Management and Retrospective Drug Utilization Review program protocols.
- Provide clinical recommendations pertaining to, but not limited to, gaps in care, high risk medications, compliance and adherence, drug interactions, therapeutic substitution, and generic substitution
- Utilize client formulary information to guide appropriate medication recommendations
- Keep current with new and emerging clinical trends
- Active participation in departmental meetings to improve clinical programs and enhance processes
- Participation in interdisciplinary team meetings
- Share clinical information and department procedure protocols during client site visits and education facilities on medication-use improvement strategies
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet departmental objectives
- BS in Pharmacy or PharmD
- Current and unrestricted Pharmacist license in the state of Utah
- 4+ years of experience in a clinical setting or completion of a residency program
- Strong clinical pharmacy knowledge
- Ability to work independently within a cross functional team environment
- Commitment to professionalism and a dedicated desire to advance patient care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- BPS Board Certification
- Completion of a residency program
- Experience with Medicare Advantage plans and/or managed care
- ACPE MTM Specialist
- Experience teaching, training, and presenting accurate clinical information to variety of audiences