Clinical Pharmacist Specialist-Pediatrics (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit), Inpatient Pharmacy, full time days, Chicago, IL.
We're hiring for a Clinical Pharmacist Specialist for Inpatient Pharmacy as a full time days job in Chicago, IL.
Join one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic medical centers, University of Chicago Medicine, in the role of Clinical Pharmacy Specialist. This opportunity allows for growth and collaboration, while supporting a team that is dedicated to enhancing lives and being on the forefront of all we do.
The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) will work collaboratively with our critical care teams to provide specialized pharmaceutical care, develop and apply medication use policies, prevent medication adverse events, provide staff education and training, and participate in academic/clinical research.
The clinical pharmacy specialist will also serve as a preceptor for pharmacy students and residents in our ASHP-accredited PGY-1 and PGY-2 Pharmacy Practice residency programs. Faculty appointments are available through affiliation with Chicago State University College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy, and Midwestern College of Pharmacy. The clinical pharmacy specialist in the PICU will round daily on PICU patients and assist with Heme/Onc order verification in the afternoons as needed.
Clinical Pharmacist Specialist Education and Requirements:
- Advanced degree, Masters of Science, MBA, or Doctor of Pharmacy highly preferred
- Completion of an ACPE accredited residency highly preferred
- Include the completion of a PGY-1 pharmacy practice residency
- A specialized PGY-2 residency in pediatrics or equivalent experience
- Two or more years of clinical pharmacy experience highly preferred or equivalent in work experience
- BCPS certification is also preferred and required within 18months of hire
- Registered Pharmacists in the state of Illinois or eligible for same
- Significant general clinical knowledge as well as specific expertise in area of practice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact constructively with supervisors, peers, support personnel, and students
- Knowledge and understanding of general hospital operations
- Ability to integrate clinical services, distributive services, education and research activities
Why Join Us:
We’ve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual.
To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward.
If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.