Providence is calling a Clinical Pharmacist Specialist (1.0 FTE, Days) to Providence Murray Business Center in Beaverton, OR.
In this position, you will:
- Be responsible for the effective provision of clinical pharmacy services to members of Providence Health Plan (PHP).
- Have responsibilities including: Medication Therapy Management (MTM) services, drug utilization review activities, and clinical policy development and application including Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee participation.
- Perform tasks including: reviewing pharmacy and medical claims; interacting with, assessing and providing education to members and caregivers; developing medication-related problem lists; and implementing medication action plans including interventions with health care providers.
- Educate and consult with physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other members of the health care team, both internally and externally.
- Perform drug utilization work and medical policy activities including developing and applying drug medical policies to influence safe, quality, and cost-effective use of prescription pharmaceuticals.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate from an accredited College of Pharmacy
- Master of Science or Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D) degree
- Postgraduate Year 1 (PGY1) with Providence Health Plans or
- PGY1 and 1 year of experience or
- 3 years of experience as a Clinical Pharmacist
- Current registration and licensure by the Oregon State Board of Pharmacy or the ability to obtain licensure prior to employment
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Board Certification: Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties certification