Works under the direct supervision of the Director and Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator to assist in optimizing patient’s drug regimen. Maintains appropriate records for medications and other pharmaceutical supplies ordered by physicians, dentists, and other qualified prescribers. Work is accomplished in accordance with the policies and regulations of local, state, and federal authorities, as well as accepted standards of practice. Performs dispensing and other duties as assigned.
Should be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit.
1. Education: BA/BS in Pharmacy or MS/PharmD preferred.
2. Licensure: Current California Pharmacy License. Current BLS/Healthcare Provider status per
American Heart Association is required.
3. Experience: Experience in hospital or healthcare setting preferred.
4. Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Must have motor skills to prepare, mix and transfer drugs from
container to container aseptically, and neatly without spillage, especially chemotherapy. Ability to
perform data entry.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to demonstrate verbal and written communication of drug
information at various levels of sophistication. Telephone manners are of a nature that promotes
a positive image of the Pharmacy Department and encourages teamwork with other
professionals. Demonstrates flexibility in rearranging work shifts so that the workload is handled
with minimal disruption.
Req # P2