ur purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premerameans you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforminghealthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Clinical Pharmacist for our Pharmacy team, you will work with a close-knit team of nationally recognized pharmacists with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The is an exciting opportunity as it draws on your previous experience and knowledge base to support clinical initiatives such as the prior authorization program and developing medical policies. We’re looking for you to bring your current clinical expertise working with patients to use in our setting to support and define future strategy in pharmacy programs that help our customers better understand their pharmacy benefits and to utilize medications safely and effectively. The role will continue to evolve to help meet company objectives over time. We want someone excited by the opportunity to continue to define the role in terms of impact from an on-the-forefront of healthcare perspective as the team takes pharmacy programs to the next level.
What you’ll do:
• Work with Premera Privacy to meet State and Federal requirements
• Assist in developing medical policies for drug utilization management programs
• Support and/or assist with the following:
o Administering Prior Authorization and other clinical pharmacy programs
o Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee prep and meetings
o Medical management and clinical pharmacy initiatives of Premera companies regarding commercial and government lines of business through research, analyses, and administration of clinical drug utilization management programs
• Assist Pharmacy leadership in analyzing and researching pharmacy cost trends and clinical program opportunities
What you’ll bring:
• Pharmacist Degree
• Active WA State Pharmacist license.
• Clinical pharmacy training, clinical residency training from an accredited Pharmacy program
• At least two (2) years’ experience as a pharmacist
• An advanced degree (e.g. PharmD, MBA, MHA, MPH or equivalent experience).
• Familiarity with local and regional health care issues
• The following experience is highly desired:
o Managed care setting
o Retail environment
o Medicare Part D
o Strong writing skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of:
o Drug utilization management tactics including formulary development and drug use criteria development
o Drug information procedures and reference sourcing
What we offer:
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Medical, vision and dental coverage
• Life and disability insurance
• Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
• Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
• Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
• Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
• Free parking