Job Description Coordinates and provides the pharmaceutical care of oncology and BMTpatients. Provides leadership to pharmacy technicians.
1. Manages and recommends drug therapy regimes as a part of an interdisciplinary team.
2. Reviews, interprets and evaluates medication orders, labs and other clinically relevant information for appropriateness.
3. Assures timely order verification and distribution of pharmaceuticals.
4. Documents interventions and their outcomes for use in drug therapy quality improvement efforts.
5. Participates in Transitions of care, patient counseling and education.
Experience Education: Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Florida State licensure as a pharmacist.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.