Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Clinical Pharmacist with HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Clinical Pharmacist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a Clinical Pharmacist to join our team. As our pharmacist you would provide clinical pharmacy services for all patients and ensures the safe procurement, preparation, labeling, distribution and control of all medications. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity.
As a Clinical Pharmacist:
What qualifications you will need:
- You will coordinate and assists with the development, implementation and maintenance of clinical pharmacy programs to ensure clinical services meet the requirements and needs of the patient population and community.
- You will provide clinical pharmacy support and executes clinical pharmacy programs for all patient areas.
- You will review medication orders and quality of technicians work to ensure appropriateness of drugs ordered, dosage, route and interactions. Adjust medications dosage/schedule as appropriate for patient condition as per policy.
- You will ensure medications are safely dispensed to patients in accordance with age.
- You will closely monitor narcotic transactions by checking all controlled substances that are dispensed and reconciles the quantity/type of narcotics leaving the pharmacy
- You will assist the department in addressing physician consults as needed. Provide timely retrieval of reliable drug information from available sources.
- You will communicate effectively and works with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs.
- Bachelors of Science or Pharm D degree in Pharmacy from College of Pharmacy
- Experience as a pharmacist in an acute-care hospital setting or general pharmacy practice residency preferred.
- Current FL Pharmacist license or license eligible.
- Eligible to sit for North American Pharmacist Licensure Exam (NAPLEX).
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills.
HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital is a 237 bed acute care hospital. We serve Charlotte County. We have emergency care, an accredited cancer program, a stroke center of excellence and a chest pain center. We have an orthopedic and spine center, wound management and hyperbaric medicine. We have inpatient, outpatient and cardiovascular surgery. We have sports and rehabilitation services and outpatient programs. HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital provides community wellness programs. We have provided healthcare in Charlotte County for 40 years. Our colleagues enjoy our culture of compassion, respect and service. Over 350 area physicians work with us. We have received the America's top 100 hospital recognition. This makes us one of the best hospitals in Charlotte County. We hope you'll consider a career at HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Clinical Pharmacist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.