Harvard Pilgrim Health Care is currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our organization as a Clinical Pharmacist. The Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for providing patient care and optimal therapeutic outcomes to Medicare Advantage Stride members through the provision of pharmaceutical care and clinical pharmacy services. This includes direct patient interaction as well as education across the health care system and implementing cost-saving initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Support the development of clinical pharmacy programs within the Medicare Stride Care Management model of care that address the needs of the Medicare Advantage population and which align with population health initiatives (e.g., reducing avoidable inpatient admissions, reducing avoidable emergency department visits, etc.).
- Assess and address patient needs regarding medication concerns and barriers to care through evaluation of patient medication profiles for patients referred by care management team colleagues.
- Develop actionable plans in collaboration with prescribing clinician, primary care provider, and other members of the health care team. Incorporate outcome measures, where appropriate, into patient's care plan and assist with attainment of patient goals.
- Identify populations at risk. Develop strategic initiatives to further improve medication management, quality outcomes and value-based prescribing outcomes for patients using population health analytics.
- Engage with and educate patients and caregivers to improve awareness of their treatment plans, monitor treatment response, and improve patients' understanding and compliance with their medications. Meet patients/caregivers in patients' homes, as appropriate.
- Serve as a resource and medication expert to the Medicare Stride Care Management team regarding medication policies, policy changes, pharmacy formulary, formulary changes/updates, therapeutic alternatives, and remain up to date with current clinical guidelines.
- Collaborate with and establish strong personal relationships with patients, partners, providers and care team.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Pharmacy with a Doctorate in Pharmacy (PharmD) with 2 or more years of relevant work experience or Bachelor's degree with 5 or more years of relevant work experience
- Maintain active pharmacist license in good standing with the state of Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy
- Experience in a clinical pharmacy setting
- Experience with Medication Therapy Management & Comprehensive Medication Reviews
- In-depth knowledge of pharmacotherapy and pharmacy practice; experience with current medication management guidelines for chronic disease and geriatric conditions, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, congestive heart failure, diabetes, dementia, etc.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with care management team, patients, physicians and other health care professionals.
- Ability to prove technical knowledge of Microsoft Excel; ability to quickly learn Clinical Applications
- Experience in developing education curricula and programs for medication management
- Experience working within managed care model
- Board certification in geriatrics (BCGP) or relevant experience in geriatric pharmacy practice
WHAT MAKES US STAND OUT:
- Paid volunteer time off (up to 3 days annually)
- Open Time Off
- Educational Reimbursement
- Annual Mini-Grant of $500 donated to a non-profit organization of the employee's choice