JOB SUMMARY :
This position is accountable for the management of all aspects of medication administration inclusive of the following processes:
* Efficiency and effectiveness of medication therapeutics and dispensing
* Evaluation of appropriateness of drug utilization
* Evaluation of drug therapy and preprinted order sheets in individualizing therapy for patient needs
* Nursing support for patient and staff education
* Interdisciplinary department support for education and monitoring patient drug therapy and education
Bachelors, Pharmacy, Required
Doctorate, Pharmacy, Preferred
BS Pharmacy or PharmD degree required; PharmD degree preferred.
Experience in patient assessment and dispensing required.
Preferred: PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency accredited by ASHP.
PGY2 Pharmacy Practice Residency accredited by ASHP.
RPH | Registered Pharmacist
BLS (CPR) | AHA Health Care Provider BLS
Current active license to practice pharmacy in North Carolina preferred.
If not currently licensed, must be eligible to obtain North Carolina pharmacy license within 2 months of hire date.
Job ID: 6609