Oversees the management and facilitates production and quality within contracted facilities. Ensures customer’s expectations are met by managing activities and complying with contractual obligations. Provides on-site support, training and communication to contracted facilities SPD management and personnel. Ensures SPD compliance with the Department of Health, JCAHO, OSHA, CDC, AAMI and AORN standards and facility policies and procedures.
Wonderful opportunity for an experienced Manager of Sterile Processing. Requires a minimum of 4 years experience managing Sterile Processing Technicians in the sterile processing department of a hospital or surgery center.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of Central Sterile Processing Management (CSPM) and Surgical Endoscopy Solutions (SES) processes and the ability to manage, train and implement in a contracted facility.
- Develops and enforces the implementation of policies, new processes, procedures, product conversions, new services and programs in conjunction with the contract and IMS to improve client service.
- Implements an efficient means of communicating with contracted facility, IMS employees, and IMS management to ensure quality. Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with contracted facility management to provide timely updates of project objectives and resolve any barriers. Conducts meetings with IMS employees on a regular basis to communicate timely updates of project objectives and resolve any barriers.
- Interviews, hires, assists with training, coaches and disciplines employees to meet company objectives and customer requirements. Direct manages personnel of contracted facility if outsourced.
- Provides weekly updates to DSPW and submits to IMS Corporate in a timely manner.
- Reviews/updates the implementation plan weekly to ensure target dates are met and barriers identified.
- Abides by all company and contracted facility safety and health policies, and procedures.
- Maintains professional relationships with all contracted facilities departments, as necessary and within contractual guidelines, to ensure effective, efficient support to the patient caregivers as it relates to the scope of the contract.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of the facility contract and the project implementation plan.
- Educates and assists in training of client facility management staff in all aspects of contracted services. Conducts facility employee assessment to develop baseline knowledge level to identify opportunities for education/training to improve SPD processes.
- Manages contracted facilities within budget as specified in facility contract and initial costing performance statements; maintain systems for the preservation of IMS and client facility resources such as surgical instrumentation.
- Resolves client issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Submits and tracks contracted facility productivity and statistical reports to IMS and client as necessary.
- Ensures proper operational processes are followed by all members of the IMS team in conjunction with the Department of Health JCAHO, OSHA, CDC, AAMI, AORN standards and facilities goals and policies.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of all administrative documents and functions (time records, count sheets, inventories, billing, etc.) required by the contracted facility and IMS corporate.
- Ensures proper training of IMS employees. Ensures that monthly in-service programs are being conducted and documented.
- Ensures proper IMS coverage at the facility.
- Provides supervision and coordination of SPD team including coordinators and technicians at the assigned facilities. May supervise facility staff if contract calls for outsourcing.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. #monsterIMS
Minimum 4 years experience managing a sterile processing department in a hospital or surgery center, required.
Requires thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Extensive medical instrument/ equipment knowledge preferred.
- Ability to work in a high stress, constantly changing environment. If assigned to travel, must maintain valid driver’s license, current vehicle insurance and valid credit card.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certification as a Central Sterile Supervisor/Manager or ability to obtain certification within 12months of employment strongly preferred.