Our Mission: At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Who we are: STERIS is a growing provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services through our family of wholly owned subsidiaries.
Oversees the management and facilitates production and quality within contracted facilities. Ensures customer’s expectations are met by managing activities and complying with contractual obligations. Provides on-site support, training and communication to contracted facilities SPD management and personnel. Ensures SPD compliance with the Department of Health, JCAHO, OSHA, CDC, AAMI and AORN standards and facility policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of Central Sterile Processing Management (CSPM) and Surgical Endoscopy Solutions (SES) processes and the ability to manage, train and implement in a contracted facility.
- Develops and enforces the implementation of policies, new processes, procedures, product conversions, new services and programs in conjunction with the contract and IMS to improve client service.
- Implements an efficient means of communicating with contracted facility, IMS employees, and IMS management to ensure quality. Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with contracted facility management to provide timely updates of project objectives and resolve any barriers. Conducts meetings with IMS employees on a regular basis to communicate timely updates of project objectives and resolve any barriers.
- Interviews, hires, assists with training, coaches and disciplines employees to meet company objectives and customer requirements. Direct manages personnel of contracted facility if outsourced.
- Provides weekly updates to DSPW and submits to IMS Corporate in a timely manner.
- Reviews/updates the implementation plan weekly to ensure target dates are met and barriers identified.
- Abides by all company and contracted facility safety and health policies, and procedures.
- Maintains professional relationships with all contracted facilities departments, as necessary and within contractual guidelines, to ensure effective, efficient support to the patient caregivers as it relates to the scope of the contract.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of the facility contract and the project implementation plan.
- Educates and assists in training of client facility management staff in all aspects of contracted services. Conducts facility employee assessment to develop baseline knowledge level to identify opportunities for education/training to improve SPD processes.
- Manages contracted facilities within budget as specified in facility contract and initial costing performance statements; maintain systems for the preservation of IMS and client facility resources such as surgical instrumentation.
- Resolves client issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Submits and tracks contracted facility productivity and statistical reports to IMS and client as necessary.
- Ensures proper operational processes are followed by all members of the IMS team in conjunction with the Department of Health JCAHO, OSHA, CDC, AAMI, AORN standards and facilities goals and policies.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of all administrative documents and functions (time records, count sheets, inventories, billing, etc.) required by the contracted facility and IMS corporate.
- Ensures proper training of IMS employees. Ensures that monthly in-service programs are being conducted and documented.
- Ensures proper IMS coverage at the facility.
- Provides supervision and coordination of SPD team including coordinators and technicians at the assigned facilities. May supervise facility staff if contract calls for outsourcing.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Requires thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Extensive medical instrument/equipment knowledge or previous experience in a Sterile Processing Department required.
- Ability to work in a high stress, constantly changing environment. If assigned to travel, must maintain valid driver’s license, current vehicle insurance and valid credit card.
STERIS plc is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 14, employees worldwide. We are dedicated to providing our Customers with innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and health science technologies, products and services.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any othercategory protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.