The Clinical Operations Manager is responsible for multiple operational functions supporting one or more client relationships for Pharmacy Solutions. Generally, these Managers may have other people leaders (supervisors or managers) as their direct reports, as well as staff level, individual contributors. These managers are expected to have a thorough understanding of the clinical operations and the organization's Clinical products and services. They participate in developing and implementing the group's strategic plan, policies, and procedures. They anticipate and provide solutions to complex business and operational problems. Clinical Operations Managers participate in the budgeting process, manage annual department budgets, and have fiscal accountability for profitability.
More specifically, this Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the clinical programs. The duties include managing the daily work activities and responsibility to the key performance metrics across 5-6 clinical services that Pharmacy Solutions provides to our health plan customers. The Operations Manager will collaborate closely with each of the Product Managers to implement enhancements as well as support implementation of new client business.
This manager will manage to standard processes, holding direct reports and the teams accountable to the key performance metrics. This manager will be responsible for the Operational cost, quality and delivery metrics associated with the executing these Campaigns. This manager will collaborate with the Clinical Operations leadership to define and establish these reporting mechanisms and processes.
Qualified candidates for this position possess excellent communication skills, demonstrated people leadership skills (direct and indirect reports), customer focused, experience using MS Office, project management and analytical skills. Experience in a role with direct operational responsibility is required.
- Lead and collaborate with their direct reports, developing plans for staff and leadership development.
- Accountable to defining and meeting the operational performance metrics for each product.
- Collaborate with Product owners and other Pharmacy Solutions stakeholders to implement and maintain program enhancements, using Lean or Six Sigma practices.
- Defines, maintains, and adheres to the Operational control plans for these operational functions – including control documents, training, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet corporate objectives.
- Demonstrates strong leadership judgment in organizing and prioritizing their team’s work activities to maintain appropriate service levels for the campaigns.
- Demonstrates ability to lead a team thru goal setting, planning, organizing and execution.
- Conducts performance management practices in line with Pharmacy Solutions practices.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of work-related experience, or Master’s degree and 4 years of work-related experience, or 8 years equivalent work-related experience
- 2-5 years of relevant Operations Management work experience, preferably in a service industry environment.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team in an operation, with responsibility for cost, quality and delivery results.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation, customer service, problem-solving and computer skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, matrixed team environment.
- High level of independent judgment and initiative required.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills based on the use of data to support those decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; results oriented, demonstrated team player and able to develop cross functional relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in Lean, Continuous Improvement or Six Sigma - support for continuous quality improvement programs in the location, department, and enterprise.