Clinical Operations Manager - Continuing Care
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directs and manages the clinical operations of continuing care at The Queen’s Medical Center – West Oahu (QMC-WO), including but not limited to discharge planning, case management, utilization review, social work and care coordination.
• Serves as the department manager in the absence of the manager.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: All required, designated by frequency.
• Continuous: lifting up to ½ lb., seeing, hearing, talking, grasping, fingering, standing, walking, stooping, forward reaching, handling.
• Frequent: pushing and pulling up to 30 pounds of force, lifting up to 10 lbs., sitting, bending.
• Occasional to frequent: squatting, twisting.
• Occasional: pushing and pulling up to maximum 50 pounds of force; lifting: horizontal lift/carry up to maximum 50 pounds; floor to waist up to 35 lbs., waist to shoulder up to 25 lbs., overhead level up to 15 lbs.; carrying up to 35 lbs, running, climbing, side bending, kneeling, crouching, overhead reaching.
• Operates various equipment, machines, tools, work aids.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Exposure to body fluids, blood products, and communicable diseases.
• Work environment may be highly stressful, fast paced and hectic.
• Management of confused/disoriented and combative patients may involve tasks which may compromise physical safety.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
• Current Hawaii license as Registered Nurse.
• Evidence of continuing education.
• Current BLS/HCP CPR certification.
• Minimum three (3) years progressive experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute facility.
• Two (2) years supervisory/leadership experience.