The Clinical Oncology Specialist (COS) position is an oncology diagnostics sales role charged with establishing, developing and growing a geography to exceed sales goals for our first to market MRD CtDNA test, Signatera. The COS will be responsible for creating a strategic territory plan, and managing all business results and ROI including but not limited to: daily sales activity, new account acquisition, retaining existing customer base while growing sales, implementing cross functional initiatives, effectively utilizing resources and establishing processes for appropriate patient identification and treatment management. This will be accomplished through developing trusted relationships, physician and account education, identifying strategic opportunities and delivering innovative solutions. This position may cover several states and require frequent travel.
As the face of our newly established Natera oncology division you are someone who thrives in a start-up environment with a passion for results. You will inspire commitment, collaboration and trust through dedication to customers, quality patient care and strong business ethics. You will be asked to demonstrate a high-level understanding of healthcare business principles, medical oncology, pathology, molecular diagnostics and the oncology patient journey. You will be dedicated to excellence and career progression within our organization.
- Learn Natera products, services, processes, policies, key internal teams, as well as competitor’s products, services, policies and practices, and payer/reimbursement landscape.
- Achievement of sales objectives and break-through results; while managing revenue and expenses.
- Development and maintenance of KOL relationships.
- Drive strategic business opportunities and partnerships with Academic and Community cancer centers, clinics and hospitals within a specified territory.
- Development of a comprehensive business plan to gain and retain new and existing clients that aligns with our national goals and organizational values.
- Execution of sales strategies and tactics, implementation of sales and marketing plan, pull through opportunities.
- Maintain high level of product, market and competitor knowledge.
- Implement laboratory services agreements (LSA’s)
- Collaborate and coordinate with all sales positions, cross functional and market partners to ensure successful attainment of goals and objectives.
- Conduct business in an ethical & transparent fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years' experience with consistent success in Oncology sales.
- Knowledge of local oncology market, molecular diagnostics, personalized medicine and reimbursement.
- Ability to perform overnight travel.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, financial management and written and oral communications skills
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Qualified candidates will have excellent communication and presentation skills, are strategic and forward thinking, effectively work in teams and are autonomous self-starters with experience in business analysis and have a command of Oncology and Healthcare business trends.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years previous Oncology, Pathology or Laboratory sales experience with documented results. They must also demonstrate oncology clinical & medical expertise.