Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 99 days ago
Job ID : 75415BR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Oncology Sales Development Specialist
Location/Division Specific Information
This is a field based position in Maryland, Virginia and Washington D.C. for a Clinical Oncology Sales Development professional with extensive experience and a proven track record in Clinical/Life Sciences Sales. The candidate will be responsible for achieving and exceeding the assigned territory sales plan and must have a strong technical acumen in the areas of Next Generation Sequencing and advanced molecular technologies in the clinical market in order to effectively consult with customers to influence key decisions on their oncology testing platform and drive assay implementation at a defined list of clinical oncology accounts.
The Clinical Oncology Sales Development Specialist must demonstrate deep technical credibility to effectively consult with customers and prospects to influence key decisions on technology and product choices and to manage internal resources and their deployment for successful platform and assay implementation. Strong business acumen is also required to translate successful account strategy into business results.
How will you make an impact?
· Scientific Consulting Acumen- Demonstrates deep technical ability to consult with customers on their testing needs to maximize technology utilization and promote current advances in protocols, assays and capabilities. Understands and navigates competitive offerings to best position solutions.
· Sales Acumen- Consult with customers at a defined list of clinical oncology accounts to build relationships and focus on project needs and workflows to drive implementation of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s oncology instrument solutions. Successfully maintains current run rate business and drives assay implementation.
· Business Acumen- Commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, both accurate and timely forecasting- for both run rate and big deal/project based instrument and assay orders.
· Team Work- Successful experience working in a team environment.
What will you do?
· Develops and manages a business plan to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon with Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial management for the territory.
· Effectively competes to win projects vs. competitors. Successfully position our solutions to address performance, workflow and budget.
· Manage clinical lab assay utilization. Drive additional assay utilization across your accounts and target new customers and customers not using our instruments and assays. Identify the applications, assays and protocols available and convert the business.
How will you get here?
*Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.