Clinical Nutrition Manager
Take the next step in your career with New York’s #1-ranked hospital, where talented RegisteredDietitians never stop innovating! The best in the field, dietitians at NewYork-Presbyterian use medical nutrition therapy (MNT) to treat patients while enhancing preventative and community care. We’re respected members of a dynamic interprofessional team, employing a consultant-like approach to support clinically diverse cases. Now, you can help Make It Possible at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center – one of our six state-of-the-art campuses, where your leadership will build on our remarkable success in clinical nutrition.
Pursue this high-level role, responsible for managing the daily clinical, fiscal and regulatory components of nutritional care delivery within assigned inpatient and ambulatory areas. Drive strategic planning and annual goal setting focused on a diverse population of patients with a wide array of conditions and diagnoses. Train, supervise and evaluate a team of 26 dietitians, including a Supervisor, senior and clinical nutritionists and diabetes educators along with nutrition fellows, dietetic interns and student volunteers. Foster an environment where people can develop and thrive. Regularly assess clinical nutrition operations, and identify and address opportunities for improvement.
- Master’s degree in Food and Nutrition or a related area
- Experience overseeing nutrition research including professional presentations/publications
- Recent acute care management experience
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in Clinical Nutrition
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 years of progressive experience as a Registered Dietitian working in inpatient clinical nutrition within a hospital, including 3 years of supervisory experience
- Certification as a Dietitian/Nutritionist by the State of New York
- Current registration with the CDR
- Completion of a CADE-accredited/approved Didactic Program in Dietetics and Supervised Practice Program in Dietetics
- Outstanding leadership, communication and interpersonal skills to direct work, drive engagement and effectively collaborate