If you are passionate about nursing and advancing your career through the power of education, we encourage you to apply today.
- Implements the College’s philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes, and course objectives through clinical teaching, and service to the College, community, health system and profession.
- Assumes responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual teaching loads.
- Plans clinical experiences for and provides direct supervision and evaluation of nursing students delivering nursing care to an individual or group of individuals.
- Makes self available to staff at the agencies.
- Evaluates and provides documented feedback to student on level of performance based on course objectives.
- Is available for remediation of students as required or needed.
- Orients and maintains current knowledge related to agency/clinical policies, procedures, and expectations with the assistance of the agency/clinical personnel.
- Develops and posts written clinical assignments consistent with student’s knowledge base, skill competency and individual learning needs.
- Corrects and returns homework, quizzes, tests, lab assignments, clinical paperwork and other written work in a timely manner.
- Contributes to the ongoing development, implementation, and evaluation of the programs and the College.
- May teach didactic course content under supervision of course coordinator according to Board of Nursing rules.
- Keeps course coordinator informed of all student and agency issues and concerns.
- Works with college administration, staff and otherfaculty members to improve the overall operation of the college and student satisfaction rates.
- Participates in the implementation of the College Assessment Program, campus retention efforts, and both departmental and campus policies.
- Provides recommendations to the nursing administration regarding purchasing needs for the College.
- Serves as a professional role model for otherfaculty, staff, and students in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence, dress, attendance, and general professionalism.
- Utilizes relationship skills in situations requiring group problem solving, consensus building, and win-win negotiation.
- Complies with all applicable regulatory rules and standards.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master's degree in nursing required.
- Professional Nursing license required
- Demonstrated clinical competence as evidenced by at least 2 years experience working in a clinical setting within the past 5 years required
- Must meet all compliance requirements as specified in the Faculty Handbook regarding (but not limited to) CPR certification, immunizations, etc.
- Excellent communication skills with high level of initiative and prudent judgment
- Meet agencies expectations of functional abilities
Job ID 2017-92271