Provides in-depth clinical expertise in a defined area of nursing practice (eg., pediatrics, oncology, adult medicine). Develops and ensures quality standards for nursing practice for a specific patient population. Provides advanced clinical practice education, consultation, research and administration.
• Establishes and monitors care standards and makes recommendations for changes in area of clinical practice. Collaborates with nursing staff in assessing patient, family age-specific nursing needs and develops plan of care for complex high-risk patients.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of the care provided.
• Designs teaching programs for patients/families and provides assistance to nursing staff in program implementation. Develops interdisciplinary plans of care for complex and high risk patients. In conjunction with members of the health care team, assesses staff knowledge and identifies competency-based education needs of staff and members.
• Designs and implements education programs to ensure the quality of staff knowledge and skills. Introduces new techniques/innovation based on advanced practice trends. May serve as a preceptor to graduate healthcarestudents.
• Provides consultation to physicians, nurses and other health care providers in meeting care needs of individual or groups of patients in both outpatient and inpatient settings.
• Makes recommendations to change standards of care or standards of practice based on own research or the research of others.
• Defines and implements best nursing practices. Assists in interviewing staff and provides input into evaluations regarding clinical competence and provides coaching and counseling.
• Participates and consults in setting the direction for QA&I monitoring, establishing standards and evaluating outcomes. Collects and analyzes data regarding patient care outcomes, trends, morbidity and mortality.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in area of clinical specialty required.
• Bachelor's degree
• Master's degree in a clinical field of nursing or a clinical field related to nursing including but not limited to psychology, public health, social work, education, health sciences, behavioral sciences, nutrition, and bioethics from a nationally accredited master's/post master's nursing academic program.
License, Certification, Registration
• Current California RN license.
• Clinical Nurse Specialist certification by the California Board of Registered Nursing in area of specialty.
• Current BLS certificate required.
• Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
• Demonstrated clinical expertise in area of specialty.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Clinical Nurse Specialist experiencepreferred.
• ACLS or PALS Certification preferred.
More information about the job
Is Relocation Available?
Are you open to sponsorship?
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?