Clinical Nurse Specialist Emergency Department
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) will be responsible for the Emergency Department.with practice in the following CNS Spheres: patient/direct care, nurses/nursing practice, and organization/system. The CNS is certified by the Arizona Board of Registered Nursing to practice as a CNS. The CNS demonstrates a high degree of professional competence in a specialized field of nursing and utilizes advanced theoretical and empirical knowledge and a scientific approach to problem solving. The CNS establishes standards for patient care and evaluates interventions to improve care. Emphasis on the role components is dependent upon the patient population, the clinical and developmental needs of the nursing and provider staff, and the organizational/system needs for evaluating and implementing evidence-based practices.
This position works variable shifts, which means you may be asked to work days, evenings or nights.
* MSN - required.
* DNP or PhD - preferred.
* 5 years clinical practice experience in adult acute care setting as a RN or CNS (new CNS grads welcome).
* Experience as formal or informal leader in local or system process improvement initiatives.
* Experience mentoring and motivating colleagues to achieve practice excellence.
* Experience networking with multiple healthcare professionals and identifying stakeholders when planning practice change.
*Experience with data management and ability to interpret data and implement change based on factual information.
* Arizona RN License.
* Arizona Clinical Nurse Specialist Certificate.
* One or more of the following CNS Certifications: ACNS-BC, AGCNS-BC, CCNS, ACCNS-AG
* Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS).
* Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ).
* Lean Six Sigma Healthcare Course/Certification.