This advanced practice nurse will work in conjunction with the Glycemic Control service to meet needs throughout Harborview's patient population with diabetes. The CNS will serve as an integral member on the Glycemic Control Service, rounding on patients, coordinating diabetic care, and facilitating and developing plans of care for patients with diabetes.
- In addition, the CNS will work with unit leadership, staff and physicians to impact the safe, quality care of patients with diabetes. The CNS will work with applicable managers and physicians, along with other members of the Professional Development and Nursing Excellence team in developing care standards, policies, guidelines, protocols, etc., for complex care for this population across the continuum. The diabetes CNS is a recognized leader who identifies gaps, applies new evidence and/or opportunities for improvement, and consistently supports and engages staff to ensure they are able to deliver the best possible patient care. REQUIREMENTS: Requirements include:
- Current WA State RN license.
- Master's Degree in nursing or related field and three years of professional nursing experience.
- Certification in Diabetes Education.
- Demonstrated practice change implementation experience.
- Strong Customer/team service focus.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and teach educational offerings.
- Advanced written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze practice issues and influence practice.