The Clinical Manager of Radiology and Endoscopy is responsible for assisting the Perioperative Services Director in the operational and financial aspects of the departments 7 days/week, 24 hours a day. The radiology department provides service to patients undergoing procedures in CT, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, PET, X-Ray, Ultrasound, and Interventional Radiology. The endoscopy team provides services to patients undergoing pulmonary and gastroenterological procedures.
Provide clinical and administrative leadership for nursing staff by developing, implementing, and evaluating programs, services, procedures, and quality nursing standards to ensure exemplary care for patients undergoing invasive procedures at City of Hope during all hours of operation. The Clinical Nurse Manager provides input and is expected to meet budget, revenue and expense targets. Other aspects of this role include hiring and supervising employees, assigning work, coaching, evaluating performance, and completing corrective actions. The Clinical Nurse Manager is a positive leader with excellent people skills and nurturing of human resources, demonstrating transformational leadership by creating and sustaining a healthy work environment that supports, furthers and promotes excellence in patient care, critical nursing practice and patient safety in a highly collaborative interprofessional practice environment. This position will monitor and control resources (human and material) and provide excellent customer service. The manager will encourage higher learning/ professional development in staff by cultivating talent and supporting people in meeting their career goals.
Managing Vision and Purpose
Motivating and Influencing
Setting Goals and Standards
Developing, implement, and evaluate action plans to reach key performance indicators
Planning and Decision Making
Constructive Thinking and Process Management
Prioritizing and Delegating
Building and Strengthening Relationships
Investment in People
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum of three years of nursing experience in an acute care setting. Must have extensive direct care knowledge of both radiology and endoscopy
- Demonstrated a formal leadership role (leading, planning, evaluating nursing practices and operations)
- Required Licenses-California RN License, BCLS
- MSN Preferred
- Leadership Certification
- Radiology Nursing experience with one or more of the following: CT, MRI, PET/CT, Nuclear Medicine, US, Interventional, General Radiology, Breast Imaging
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple projects while maintaining positive customer relations
- Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to use problem resolution skills to recognize and investigate unusual occurrences and results
- Knowledge of word and excel. Strong electronic health record navigation skills
- Personal Computer
Working / Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to work variable shifts
- Work out of an office and in the Procedure Room Suites. Requires frequent walking in and out of procedure rooms and throughout the hospital to attend meetings and conferences